JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992
11068102

My 7 year old son went to counseling and told the counselor

Customer Question

My 7 year old son went to counseling and told the counselor that is father (who does not live in the home) beat him. The Counselor reported it to CPS/ACS and CPS/ACS continues to contact me on an attempt to visit my home and they are getting aggressive saying they are going to seek a court order if they do not get in contact with the chd and myself.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to helping you today.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I need to know what to do as garvas ACS is concerned so I allow them to start an investigation now by allowing them in my home and access to speak to my child or so I wait for a court order and retain and attorney ?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sorry about the misspelled word (Autocorrect)
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hello?
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 3 months ago.

The autocorrect gets me all the time.

Expert:  JD 1992 replied 3 months ago.

Just a few minutes while I answer

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 3 months ago.

You would be better off retaining an attorney right now. ACS/CPS will go to the school and talk to the children without you if you don' have an attorney and then they will interpret what the child says.

By hiring an attorney the lawyer will head them off, prevent any access to the children without him present, and be able to immediately respond to anything they do. In addition, he can make sure that they word their questions to the children correctly rather than a "leading question" which the workers are bad about doing.

The lawyer will allow them to interview the child but in such a way that he can listen in and keep an eye on everything.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What about the fact that she said she will get a court order? But has nothing to go on but my sons word. Is that possible?
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 3 months ago.

Yes, she can get a court order, including an order to take the kids, based solely on what they heard your son told someone else. It doesn't even have to be something your son told them.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
R u there?
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 3 months ago.

The good part is that if you hire a lawyer early then they are relatively easy to beat.

Expert:  JD 1992 replied 3 months ago.

It will sometimes take a few minutes for me to answer. I will be online all day but I am often having to do research or helping someone else so please bear that in mind.