Bappelman
Bappelman, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Attorney in Illinois and Wisconsin
11079390

I recently petitioned for an Order of Protection against my

Customer Question

Hi my name is Johnny,I recently petitioned for an Order of Protection against my sister and I am wondering how do I get the court minutes from the first session? Hopefully expediently.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Bappelman replied 6 months ago.

Hi Johnny,

My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. I'd be glad to help you.

You need to go back to the courthouse you appeared in and ask the clerk in your courtroom how they record the proceedings. Its is normally one of two ways:

1. They audio record everything in the courtroom. This means that the courtroom has a set up with microphones and a recording device constantly running.

2. They have a live Court Reporter in the courtroom. You can see a person sitting near the bench with what looks like a portable typewriter, clicking away when people are speaking.

Whichever method they use to record you can ask where you get the transcriptions of your proceeding. Most likely it is a local court reporting / transcription service. You will be required to provide the case number ***** the date and approximate time that your case was called and argued. It usually will costs you somewhere between 25c and $1 per page of transcript.

If you need anything else, please let me know.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks Bappelman,It was definitely a live Court Reporter. Thanks for your help today. I am rating 5 stars.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
If you refresh your screen I can apply the 5 star rating... Thanks again.

Thank you! I appreciate the ratings!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am unable to apply the ratings. I have seen this happen before. Is there anything you can do on your side?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have changed browsers to see if that helps but it doesn't...