Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

Can I request to be present when a Social Worker talks to my

Customer Question

Can I request to be present when a Social Worker talks to my daughter? Can I deny them to talk to her without and attorney present. She is 15.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Good morning Cindy,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I've been an attorney for more than 3 decades.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a personal phone conference during which there is no limitation on the number of questions you can ask of me, as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. I children's services involved with this situation?

2. Why does a social worker want to speak with your child? About what?

3. Has your child been accused of a crime by law enforcement?

4. Why does your daughter need an attorney?

5. What state are you in?

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

I won't be able to assist you if you are not able to provide the minimal information I sought clarification on. Please get back to me with this information at your earliest convenience.