Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

I have court tomorrow for Just cause eviction. After being

Customer Question

Hello. I have court tomorrow for Just cause eviction. After being homeless 3yrs with my wife and son we moved in sept of last year and have struggled since. I am on probation and have a ton of fees and my wife is in the middle of a disability claim. They worked with us for a while and I pay every saterday now in order to catch up. I have so many notices from them within days showing diff/amounts in differance in the hundreds. I am starting a better job and I am clean off drugs and have proof for almost 9months. I cant catch it up until I start getting my new checks. I live in Oklahoma, What do I say to the Judge to show just cause of why my family should be able to stay.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

You would tell the Court all the efforts that you have been making to get the rent paid; your new job; your wife's pending disability claim. Make sure to have evidence of the new job and how much your new pay is going to be. For pending disability claim, you should also bring a document to show that there is actually a disability claim. Stress that you know that you owe and you are going to pay the amount that is due, but you need a little more time to come up with the payments. Also, let the Court know that you have received different notices with different amounts.

Goodluck with your case,