TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

MY GIRLFRIEND IS IN JAIL FOR 6 MONTHS ON FAILURE TO PAY

Customer Question

MY GIRLFRIEND IS IN JAIL FOR 6 MONTHS ON FAILURE TO PAY CHILDSUPPORT AND HER MOTHER IS IN TYLER TX. DYING OF CANCER AND IS BAD ENOUGH THAT HOSPICE HAS STEPPED IN FOR HER FINAL TIME WIYH US. SHE HAS NO OTHER RELATIVES TO BE THERE WITH HER EXCEPT HER DAUGHTER AND WAS TRYING TO SEE IF AND HOW TO GET HER REINSTATED ON HER 10 YEAR PROBATION SO SHE CAN BE THERE FOR HER MOM THROUGH OUT HER DAYS LEFT. MY GIRLFRIEND NOW HAS A FULL TIME JOB AND IS VERY MUCH NEEDED TO HELP WITH RUNNING THE BUISNESS MY PARENTS OWN. C&J TIRE & LUBE SHOP. IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO TO GET HER ANOTHER CHANCE SO SHE CAN BE WITH HER MOM. PLEASE HELP ASAP FOR WE ARE RUNNING OUT OF TIME. THANKS VERY MUCH
Category: Family Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to help if I can. Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct any necessary research, and type a response. Thank you.

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again.

First and foremost, I suggest that you get your girlfriend a lawyer. The lawyer can make a request with the sheriff’s department to get a temporary release for the purpose of visiting her mother before her mother passes. It is certainly not guaranteed, but is not impossible for such a request to be granted. This is particularly true in this case where your girlfriend is not incarcerated due to some sort of violent crime.

The lawyer can also file an emergency motion with the court to ask a judge’s permission for your girlfriend to visit her mother. Either the judge or the sheriff can authorize this request. So there are those two avenues for the lawyer to take.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, please remember to provide a positive rating via the stars (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so it is much appreciated!). Thank you. :)