Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

My son is in jail (on an unrelated issue) and has a Motion

Customer Question

My son is in jail (on an unrelated issue) and has a Motion of Contempt Hearing regarding his daughter. He cannot afford an attorney and Legal Aid will not visit him in jail. Can he ask for a postponement for the upcoming hearing in Sept? Can you refer me to a pro-bono attorney in Tavares, FL to represent him at this Hearing? I've filled out all the forms on line and can't afford the attorney fees. I've done all the legwork and filed his response to the Court. I just need an hour of an attorney's time who is willing to help my son.
Renee Williams, a loving mother and grandmother who needs help,
(###) ###-####
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question.
I am afraid that state law forbids any expert on this site from actually representing you or any other customer on the site or making personal referrals. If you need free or low cost local counsel, please contact the FL bar and explain the situation to get assistance.
You may contact customer service at to ask for a refund of any deposit if you like or at***@******.*** or you can call Just Answer customer service at(###) ###-####