Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I lived in a private home my whole life till my father told

Customer Question

I lived in a private home my whole life till my father told me while i was in the hospital that i could not come home. My social worker told me my only option was assisted living. My discharge was held up because of this. Needless to say how a healthy 42 year old felt here in assisted living. Why wasnt i told i had the right to go home?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer. I’m a licensed attorney with 36 years’ experience in family law appeals and landlord-tenant law. I look forward to helping you today.

At the end of this session, I will ask you to please rate me as that’s the only way I get credit for helping you. It is NO EXTRA CHARGE to you but it’s important to me! Thanks!

Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an attorney on this site. This is for educational purposes only and you are advised to seek your own legal counsel.

Also – I will be typing my answer for you so I’ll be back asap.

Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to review, analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

What is your understanding of why the social worker told you this?

How and when did you come to know that you could in fact go home?

What did your doctor have to say about all this?