CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

I am divorced and have a daughter who will be heading to

Customer Question

I am divorced and have a daughter who will be heading to college in two years. What is my financial obligation for college.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 4 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Please give me a few minutes to write a response and identify any additional resources for you.

In California:

Child support terminates when a child turns 18 years old except when the 18-year-old child is still a full-time high school student and lives with a parent. In that situation, child support terminates when the child turns 19 or graduates from high school, whichever occurs first. California child support also terminates if a child marries, joins the military, is emancipated or dies.

Parents can also agree to support for an adult child beyond that although that is unique.

Always check your specific child support order! and remember, this is "general information" only and does not substitute for advice and counsel from a local attorney.