mmdesq
mmdesq, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 13 years experience.
30969554

Family law appellate attorney. My ex is appealing the Judges

Customer Question

Family law appellate attorney. My ex is appealing the Judges decision on alimony and I need to file a brief
Category: Family Law
Expert:  mmdesq replied 3 months ago.

Good Afternoon:

I will try my best to help answer your question.

Initially, I'm not quite sure what your question is. If you're looking for advice on how to find an appellate attorney and Florida I would suggest call the Florida bar association and asking for list of attorneys who indicate they practice family appellate law. The best way to try to get a referral is by asking your current attorney for other local attorneys, but it sounds like you've already tried that.

Filing a brief is complicated and I definitely recommend that you hire an experience attorney to assist you. I will say that your position will be much easier to argue than your ex husband's because you will be taking the position that the trial judge made the correct decision. Hence, if you cant find an attorney you can do your own brief supporting the judge's decision as an absolute last resort.