Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My ex wife is trying to my visits away from me even though

Customer Question

My ex wife is trying to my visits away from me even though we have a parenting plan. I said something in the heat of a text message. Is it illegal to show a private text message without the other persons consent.
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Washington state
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No not yet
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Um, i felt she was using my text messages as blackmail so she could get her way. Saying if you don't do this I will get a lawyer and have your son taken away
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 3 months ago.

Good morning. I am sorry to hear about what she is doing. What is it that she is trying to get you to do, using these text messages? Is she just refusing to allow you to see the child and what you said in the text message, does it apply to the child at all?