Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am trying to terminate my childs fathers rights. He is in

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** i am trying to terminate my childs fathers rights. He is in prison for the next 4 I am a single mother with a career. My case is active now and its to the point where i have to pay for an ad litem. Here is the problem i feel like my lawyer is really bad and inconsistent and im second guessing if she can win the case. She gives indirect answers /not available etc. He has a injury to a child on his record and has never been in my daughters life. He has ask the court to wait until he is released to have the court date Please give me advice on everything. Switch lawyers etc.?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  originallawyer replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for your question! I am working on your answer. This service is for information only. I cannot give you legal advice. Please stand by!

Hello:

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Can you clarify one thing for me? In your question, you say that your ex is in prison for 4, but not if it's months or years. The answer can vary based on how long he'll be incarcerated.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
He will be in Prison for 4 years. He served a 10 year prison sentence