Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 plus years of experience.
17897874

I was curious as to what age difference constitutes child

Customer Question

I was curious as to what age difference constitutes child molestation? And does that including siblings?
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: I live in Wyoming and I am 65. I was molested in Mississippi 58 years ago
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No - he;s dead
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: There would be no purpose - he's dead - and I don't think I can take it out on his estate. I'm fine now - it didn't leave any permanent problems with me - just contempt for the act
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Loren replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 5 months ago.

I have no way of knowing off the top of my head what the law was 60 yrs ago, but today child sex assault is for a child 15 yrs and younger and a perpetrator more than 3 yrs older.

Expert:  Loren replied 5 months ago.

There is no exception for siblings.

Expert:  Loren replied 5 months ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.