RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .

Second opinion] - My husband has taken our son from Florida

Customer Question

Second opinion] - My husband has taken our son from Florida to Pennsylvania where he has filed a complaint for custody. There is currently a court date in Florida (15 September 2016) to re-open the divorce I had previously filed, which my lawyer down here doesn't see why it would not be approved for re-opening. My question is this: My husband has sent my son to stay with my husbands new girlfriend in Georgia for a few weeks. Can I legally go there and get him from her?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

Do you currently have legal custody of the child in Florida?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My husband i are still legally married. There is no legal custody set by a judge

So if you can pay your hands on the child here then yes you can legally take the child back to your home.You are the legal parent , you may want to contact local police to help you recover the child.Since there are no custody orders you have rights to the child as the parent and girlfriend has none.

Thanks again and good luck to you here.