Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Is it considered abuse when someone has put someone on a van

Customer Question

Is it considered abuse when someone has put someone on a van to go to different drs visits when they realize that person is not capable because they are confused. You see i was in a arguement with my husband and stepsister, which caused me to have a seizure, and when i woke up i believed my daughter was 14 she is 34. But my husband put me on the bus after he had told me that all these people that i lived were dead. With a envelope where i was supposed to go and sent me on my way. I end up in the er where they have diagnosed me with ptsd and a 20 year memory loss. Now my husband and i are separated
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The reason for the arguement was because,the weekend of the fight we hsd come home to my dog being totally hoarse,and we had left him many times and never was he hoarse, but while her daughter watched him this is what happened. Plus by the back of his bum there was a bone sticking out under his skin. So i asked my stepsister to find out what happened. My dog only weighs 5lbs. Plus while we were in niagara,my prescription neurontin was missing,(we had picked it up on the way to niagara and usually i keep it in a lock box, but because we were on vacation i forgot the lock box. Because you see it is my stepsisters drug of choice, she has stolen it before.) And not just a few were missing but 3/4 of a bottle was missing, so i confronted her, and because i am on antidepressants they all know it. So when i get upset im having a mood swing and they are tried of my mood swings. So both my stepsister and my husband say there was nothing wrong with the dog and that i was crazy.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Your Question:

Is it considered abuse when someone has put someone on a van to go to different drs visits when they realize that person is not capable because they are confused.

Response: Yes, You could have been lost. The van driver is does not know about your doctors or medical history.

<p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. That’s the way that I get paid for answering questions on the site. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.<p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">

0in;line-height:12.5pt">Thank you for your cooperation.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How do i go about doing something about it. You see currently my husband and i are separated because of what happened. And i want a legal separation

You can use that as the basis for legal separation/divorce.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can i have him charged with abuse

You can file complaint against him for abuse. However, since nothing happened to you, that is, since you did not get injured/get lost because of his inaction, it is doubtful that the District Attorney's office would go after him, would prosecute him for the abuse.