Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC

Please. My daughter is divorced in Illinois for 3 years but

Customer Question

Please. My daughter is divorced in Illinois for 3 years but her ex will not settle. She has had 3 lawyers, 2 moved away and current has one that is withdrawing because she can not borrow any more money to go to trail. The wany $30,000 more. We jus cant do it and dont know what to do. He ex has kept this going 6 years now, she is so beaton down and he knows that because thats what he did for 27 years. he wants her to walk away
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Illinois
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: she has one that is withdrawing because she cant come up with 30,000 . I dont have anymore money, I borrowed all I could from my life ins. I cant help her with money and no lawyers will take it because we dont have money. this has gone on 6 years
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: he moved to arizona 6 years ago. he came home one day and told her he was leaving the next day, taking his girlfriend
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. My goal is to make sure you are completely satisfied before you submit your rating so please let me know if you have additional questions or you need me to clarify anything If there is a delay in the time it takes me to respond it is because I am working with a customer or I am not online - but rest assured I will respond to your follow up question, if you have one. Also, occasionally I will respond from a mobile JA unit, which automatically asks you to submit a rating once I submit a response - but please don't feel like you need to do so until we are done speaking. ​It is one hundred percent a scam. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not send any of them your hard earned money. I would LOVE to tell you that it's real but the odds are so close to zero that it would be such a bad idea to send them your money. I want you to know that we get questions like this every single day. The fact that there are terrible people out there trying to scam victims stinks - but I'd like to think that we are stopping at least a small percentage of people from getting scammed. Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.