How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2120
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I left my husband on July 11, 2016. He is in NC & I moved to

Customer Question

I left my husband on July 11, 2016. He is in NC & I moved to Idaho with my daughter. My son pulled up a separation agreement online. I have signed & notarized it & my husband has done the same (via US mail). He may or may not be moving to SC & I was wondering what should be done with the separation papers now?
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 9 months ago.

You could file them in the state where he is living now. If he did move, and someone breached it then you could register the agreement in the new state i.e. SC and move to enforce it.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 9 months ago.

Even if it is not filed with at state entity, it is still a binding agreement.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 8 months ago.

If you have any additional questions just let me know otherwise a positive rating would be greatly appreciated.

Related Family Law Questions