Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years of professional experience

I need to know what kind of court order I need to attend a

Customer Question

I need to know what kind of court order I need to attend a funeral where evidence I need in to initiate a criminal/civil complaint will be presented. I'm sure the family will continue to function in an exclusionary manner to close the funerals to friends/family. So, I need a court order to be there and make sure they honor my wishes that I am not to be included in any eulogies as a surviving child and that no photo's of me are used.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 2 months ago.

Welcome! My name is***** give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 2 months ago.

1. As to the photos, the ownership of those photos belong to the person who took the photograph and so long as the person is not using the photo for a commercial purpose, they typically do not need your consent.

2. As far as a court order, it would be termed "an injunction" by which the court could allow you access to the funeral accompanied with a sheriff and/or order a return of any photographs that belong to you.

3. If your state law permits, then use of your likeness can be precluded by such an injunction; including use of your photographs without your permission.

Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Expert:  Maverick replied 2 months ago.

Please see answers above.