Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney - represented hundreds of clients in criminal cases, family law disputes, traffic issues, and general legal issues. Youth Court Prosecutor.

My divorce was final, back in October 2015. Earlier this

Customer Question

Hi. My divorce was final, back in October 2015. Earlier this year, I noticed that my ex failed to refinance the motorcycle into his name, per the divorce papers. I have asked him over 9 months to get that off my credit and into his name. He refuses. What can I do to get this taken care of?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Michael J, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to assisting you today.
By continuing, you acknowledge that I am not providing legal advice and can only comment on the law in general.

Sorry to hear about this. I would speak to a local family law attorney and this should be pretty easy to take care of. Typically, one would file a Contempt Motion and allege that the person was ordered to do something by the Court and has failed to do that. The court will give them some time to complete the task and the consequences for failing to do so could be fines or jail time.

I hope this helps!

If you valued my time, please consider rating me positively at the top of the page. Experts don't get credit for our answers until you do. If you have further questions, please continue to ask them until you're completely satisfied.

DISCLAIMER: This is not legal advice and I am not your lawyer. My questions are based on my knowledge of the jurisdiction where I am admitted to practice, my experience on this site over several years, and research on the relevant laws and statutes for your jurisdiction, if any. My information is not advice and you should always speak to local counsel before you act.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok. Thank you!

No problem! If you valued my time, don't forget to rate. :)