Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Lawyer
Experience:  I have assisted many customers and clients with their family law questions and I'm experienced in family law litigation.
45002201

On my initial disclosure I failed to list a teamsters

Customer Question

On my initial disclosure I failed to list a teamsters retirement that was awarded to me by previous Marriage MSA. Can I amend that disclosure. Or just add it to final disclosure. How do I deal with this?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 3 months ago.

Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.

You can either file an amended initial disclosure or you can file a supplemental disclosure with the Teamsters account on it (and anything else you may have left off).

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is there. A supplemental disclosure form? How would i file an ammended disclosure.

There is not a specific form, but you can just file something that says "supplemental" in the heading with the account in the body.

Do you have any questions? If so, feel free to ask. If not, please remember to "rate" my answer before you go. (that's how I get credit for my work)

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I believe the form used is a FL-140 declaration of disclosure. Then would i need to add a ammended FL142 schedule of assets and debts? And serve these to the respondant also?

Yes, you will need to do the amended filing and then serve it on the opposing party.

But, I wouldn't get too hung up on using the right form. The important thing is that the information is passed on to the opposing party, regardless of what the document you filed looks like.