How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 115464
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am just researching how to reach someone for my daughter.

Customer Question

I am just researching how to reach someone for my daughter. Her ex husband has always wanted custody of her son and after many court dates it didn't work for him. So he did the unthinkable and has brainwashed my grandson saying my daughter molested him. She was interviewed by CPS and the case worker knows this is a lie because she interviewed my grandson and his stories change each time and when asked to show her what happened she said he couldn't even show her because his body movements were wrong. Is this something you can help her with and how would she contact you?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: In Reno NV
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: She can't afford one. To make matters worse she got an eye infection and it was so bad it ate the lining of the cornea and she has to have a cornea transplant. She is living with me in Utah now because she has no family there to help her.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Only that he conjured all this up and now my grandson is so confused and convinced she hurt him. The judge told her she is supposed to keep the line of communication open and she can call him every other day. When she calls my grandson says things like "I don't want to talk to you at the moment." He is 10 years old. He doesn't use words like that.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
We cannot represent anyone from this site it is forbidden by state law. She will need a local attorney and if she cannot afford one she can go to legal aid for assistance in the matter or call the state bar and ask for the pro bono attorneys in the area to take the ex to court to seek to get the custody put back the way it was and to pursue the ex for filing false CPS claims.
Also, if CPS finds the claim to be false, they can actually go to the District Attorney to seek prosecution of the ex for filing a false CPS claim. That is up to the CPS social worker.