LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
15277592

Does wisconsin law mandate a first right of refusal when

Customer Question

Does wisconsin law mandate a first right of refusal when there is a divorce decree that does not inidicate this is required
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 3 months ago.

Good morning Tiona,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

WI does not have any law which refers to a "right of first refusal" as regards ***** ***** in the event of a divorce. If there is a "right of first refusal" which related to a particular custody order, it must be specifically ordered by the judge in the custody order. If a custody order does not include a "right of first refusal" clause, then the parent wanting one would have to file a Motion to modify custody and seek such an order, before such an obligation con be enforced.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
If I have my finance's daughter and he is at work and he has her for the summer, can her mom come and take her from me?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 3 months ago.

No, she cannot. So long as your fiancee has legal custody of his child, he may use anyone he wants as a sitter for the child and the other parent is not allowed to interfere.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 3 months ago.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug