Steven  K.
Steven K., Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence
44472555

If a parent did not pay all required child support is he/she

Customer Question

if a parent did not pay all required child support is he/she still required to pay the remaining due childsupport even after the child turns 18?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Steven K. replied 7 months ago.

Yes, he is required to pay. The child turning 18 does not eliminate past due arrears. You may want to return to court either to file for contempt or to get payment plan for the arrears.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your time. However, I don't wish to continue with this free trial or monthly service. I don't trust the fact that the agreement states that the answers come from the users. I needed accurate answers not a users opinion. Thank you

I'm not sure where you see that the answers come from the users. This is an expert site and I'm an attorney licensed in two states with twenty years of family law experience. Not giving you a lay opinion, I am giving you factual information.

If you still wish to cancel your service, you need to contact customer service as the experts don't handle subscription services.