Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney - represented hundreds of clients in criminal cases, family law disputes, traffic issues, and general legal issues. Youth Court Prosecutor.
18210975

In the state of tennessee back child support on emancipated

Customer Question

In the state of tennessee back child support on emancipated child, I am to start receiving SS retirement. how do i calculate my payment
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Michael J, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to assisting you today.
By continuing, you acknowledge that I am not providing legal advice and can only comment on the law in general.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Calculating your back child support is not that simple. An attorney will need to look at your entire history with the child, along with the child support guidelines, to help you come up with an estimation. Any support you have given to the child in the past along with any periods the child lived with you will factor in. Your income during those years will also be a factor. Additionally, you may also owe interest on the back payments. I suggest you get a consulation with an experirenced family law attorney in TN and go over the entire situation. They may be able to give you a number once they've looked at the entire situation.

I hope this helps.

If you valued my time, please consider rating me positively at the top of the page. Experts don't get credit for our answers until you do. If you have further questions, please continue to ask them until you're completely satisfied.
DISCLAIMER: This is not legal advice and I am not your lawyer. My questions are based on my knowledge of the jurisdiction where I am admitted to practice, my experience on this site over several years, and research on the relevant laws and statutes for your jurisdiction, if any. My information is not advice and you should always speak to local counsel before you act.