LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
15277592

I have completed the forms. This is an amicable divorce. We

Customer Question

I have completed the forms. This is an amicable divorce. We have agreed on the division of the assets. Is there a form that we can complete in California that states this is an uncontested divorce and does not require the listing of assets and debt?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

No, there is no such form. Under CA law you may not avoid preparing and exchanging your initial Financial Statements with each other. You may stipulate to waive the final Financial Statement which is also required, but you may not waive the first statement.

You may qualify to use the Simplified Financial Statement (read the qualifications required) http://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/fl155.pdf

And if you can't use the Simplified form, you must use the standard form: http://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/fl150.pdf

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Doug,Will the court reject our forms if we list "None" in the assets and debt sections?Thanks.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.

Your financial forms are not filed with the court. As for listing "none", when that is not the truth---it is against the law.

Spend a little time and do the forms like you are supposed to. If you try to short cut it and lie, or don't do the documents, your ex can reopen the divorce in the future and ask the court for a remedy.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug