Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 plus years of experience.
17897874

CAN CPS TELL ME I CAN NOT ADOPT MY GRANDSON EVEN AFTER I

Customer Question

CAN CPS TELL ME I CAN NOT ADOPT MY GRANDSON EVEN AFTER I HAVE PASSED ALL THE FINGERPRINTING AND GUIDELINES THEY REQUIRE?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

CPS can only make their recommendations to a family court judge. The judge is the ultimate authority and he or she can approve the adoption without over the reservation of CPS if they deem it in the best interests of the child. Granted, though, it is a rare occurrence if a judge will allow an adoption over the objection of CPS, but it is possible.

Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.