Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I fathered a child in mexico I just recently found out of

Customer Question

I fathered a child in mexico I just recently found out of her existence, I am a US born Citizen born and raised and lived here all my life. Can she get citizenship? The mom is Mexican from Mexico and we are not married, our relationship was brief. Although I am taking responsibility for her.....What steps would I need to do, so she may be a citizen if at all possible????
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: California
JA: Have you talked to a laywer yet?
Customer: nope Do not know where to begin
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats it
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

1) Where does the child live now? Where does the mother live now?

2) What year was the child born?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.