Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Can Cps discuss other parents test results for a drug

Customer Question

Can Cps discuss other parents test results for a drug screen? When test was presented at home it was negative and 5 weeks later call and say it was positive?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to Justanswer! I will be assisting you today with your post. I am sorry to read about your difficulties. I am preparing my response to your post and I will post it very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Your Question:

Can Cps discuss other parents test results for a drug screen?

Response: No. This is a private matter that should be discussed with the parent tested.

If you do not have any follow-up question(s), kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Even if the other parent was the one who reported to CPS that they thought other parent was using?

Yes, that is correct.

The ONLY that should now of the result apart from the CPS and the Court is the person tested.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I must need to get a lawyer. This hasn't gone to court yet butt I'm guessing I'm going to need a public defender As I Am low income and have supported my son myself for the last 8 years and his dad all the sudden wants to be apart of his life

You would need to contact your State's Trial Court' Administration's office for appointment of Counsel. You may also use this link to find free legal assistance:

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.