Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.

Filed divorce papers in michigan, but spouse lives in

Customer Question

filed divorce papers in michigan, but spouse lives in California, what papers need to be mailed to her?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Your spouse gets a copy of the Complaint, along with any other documents you filed already (which includes things like cover letters, financial statements or parenting plans). She'll also be sent anything you file later once it's done. You should also have a Summons from the Clerk of the Court, which is the legal document that tells your wife she must respond or judgment will be entered against her. That's also included in the certified mailing. Basically, every piece of paper you filed, plus the Summons.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.