LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.

I am filing divorce papers for the dissolution of my

Customer Question

I am filing divorce papers for the dissolution of my marriage. I have no idea where my wife is as we parted in 2003. I just received a message from the court that the Respondent must sign.
How do I file my divorce papers with her location unknown?
Thank You,
Ralph Robbins
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Your spouse only needs to sign paperwork for a divorce if you are filing an agreed divorce. If you just want to file for divorce, then file the Confidential Information Form, the Petition for Divorce and the Summons.

If you don't know where she is at present then all you can do when you are asked for her address and phone number is ***** indicate that the information is unknown.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,