RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

I know someone in the medical field who assisted in a minor

Customer Question

I know someone in the medical field who assisted in a minor procedure for the daughter of a friend. The father knew the procedure was going to happen but did not know when. Unaware of this, the medical person let him know it all went well. When he contacted the ex-wife, upset about not having been told the date of the procedure, the ex-wife went after the facility. She is now pressing charges although she had posted on Facebook right after the procedure was finished, and knowing the father has rights to all of the girl's medical records.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I look forward to assisting you.

This is not something that she could press charges for. She could file a HIPAA complaint against the doctor's office/your friend but that's not generally criminal. If liability is found, a fine can be imposed. And, even that seems unlikely in this case if the father is entitled to receive the medical information.

Please remember to kindly leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as that is the only way experts are paid for their time even though you may have already paid a deposit to the site. Follow-up questions asked in this thread do not cost anything additional after leaving a positive rating.

If you need clarification
about my answer or additional information, please use the SEND or REPLY button to continue our conversation. Your satisfaction is my goal and I am here to help!

I see that you have not yet left a positive rating for me. Was there some additional information I could provide about this matter, or something I could clarify about my answer for you? If so, please let me know, as I am here to help! If not, kindly remember to leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, so I am credited for my time and assistance, as that is the only way we are paid on this site. Your anticipated cooperation is appreciated!