Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

HA rent to own home, they signed a contact that was drawed

Customer Question

HA rent to own home, they signed a contact that was drawed up by our lawyer , they got behind on paying , when they lest the house was left pretty dirty , even though when you wal in it looked clean until you start looking at the stove, refref, filter to the furance had been changed out in over a year, the widows had never been clean, and the out side was trashy , and they still had fur. in the house that I have put in one room going to court what can I ask for
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

You said they served you with a civil suit already - why? Is the deposit you have from them a security deposit, or was it a down payment toward the total purchase price? Also, does the contract say anything about who is required to maintain the property before the sale is final?