Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

Have a brother who is wondering about his rights. He had an

Customer Question

Have a brother who is wondering about his rights. He had an injury a year ago and has not been able to work, as for child support our family supplies his clothes, activities when his father "allowed" to see him, and had provided all his child care when needed for the last 7 years for no charge. Additionally, paid for school lunch program so he has the option of taking lunch or eating lunch. Childs father has been told he can now only see him once a week on Sat night and if he wants to see him on Friday nights she threatened to go legal. We are looking to see what the fathers rights are. There is way more to the story but not sure you are ready to hear all of that at this time. Please let me know if you have a free consultation or any advice.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon Heidi,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your brother's situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a licensed attorney for more than 30 years and I handle family law.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a personal phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Was your brother married to the mother at one point?

2. Is there as child custody order in place?

3. Is there a child support order in place?

4. Has paternity ever been legally determined?

5. Is your brother legally disabled?

Thanks in advance,