Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My husband's ex wife is in violation of the MSA where the

Customer Question

my husband's ex wife is in violation of the MSA where the have joint custody and shared expenses. yesterday, she was kicked out of her home by her boyfriend and my stopdaughter had no where to sleep. Even now, we have no idea where her mother is.
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: DC
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: we are wondering if there is any emergency situation we can use to get full custody for the time being.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I would like to know if we can put a restraining order on this woman. I don't feel safe in my home and if my stepdaughter is going to come live with us full-time, I am hoping to get a restraining order.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to Justanswer! I will be assisting you today with your post.

I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

we are wondering if there is any emergency situation we can use to get full custody for the time being.

Response 1: Yes, there is. Your husband can file Emergency Motion for Temporary Sole Custody and tell the Court the reason for the request. Just like you did in your post here. The forms or filing the Motion are available at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office.

I would like to know if we can put a restraining order on this woman. I don't feel safe in my home and if my stepdaughter is going to come live with us full-time, I am hoping to get a restraining order.

Response 2: You can apply for Restraining Order if she has threatened you and your family or if you and your family are in fear of imminent physical harm from her because of her previous actions. You can obtain Restraining Order forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office.

If you do not have any follow-up question(s), kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.