Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

OK I hope this doesn't sound like a stupid question. My

Customer Question

OK I hope this doesn't sound like a stupid question. My mother had a court order for my biological father to pay child support put in place when I was a child. He of course committed abandonedment never new or saw till I was 21 he lives great in California alot nice stuff he has everything. I ask him for help he says broke wife surgery picture on Facebook gambling drunk is there anyway I can get what he owes me I went to school I am disabled he did nothing runs Free
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to Justanswer! I will be assisting you today with your post.

I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Your question is proper.

If he owes child support, you can try to collect it. However, it is prudent for you to contact North Carolina Child support Enforcement to assist you in collecting this debt. Click here for more information.

Goodluck with your case,

If you do not have any follow-up question(s), kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.