AttyHeather, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience

I haven't known where my child or my ex wife have lived for

Customer Question

I haven't known where my child or my ex wife have lived for years
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: She's constantly been on the run through multiple states
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Also she got the divorce and CS order while I was active duty military
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: the order is in Arizona which I didnt live in
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Heather, a family law attorney with 15 years experience and I'd like to assist.

That is a hard situation that she has disappeared with your child. Can you clarify what it is that you are asking?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't know where my child is and the child support enforcement in Arizona (and divorce) was entered illegally due to the Soldiers and Sailors Relief Act and she put fraudulent information about how much I made, where I lived, etc, and also fled the state with the child but police would do nothing. Also, since I have no idea where she lives so I can't even enforce visitation. I have no idea what to do.

So if she entered the divorce in violation of the soldier's and sailor's act, then you can file a motion to set aside the divorce. Her address (last known) or if she had an attorney, his address, would be on file with the court. You can serve her attorney or if she doesn't have a current attorney and you have no way of ascertaining where she is (by calling relatives or mutual friends), you can file a motion to serve her through publication (which is when you print it in the legal section of the newspaper).