Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I need information about putting our childrens names on our

Customer Question

I need information about putting our childrens names on our house so we can continue to live in it without any chance of someone taking it from us for a financial reason.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon Bonnie,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a personal phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What creditors are you worried about at this time?

2. Is your intent that the children inherit the home after you die?

3. Is there a mortgage on your house now?

4. Are you prepared to give up all ownership rights on the property such that you could not sell the property in the future?

Thanks in advance,