Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

What can I do when my significant other and my two daughters

Customer Question

What can I do when my significant other and my two daughters are saying amongst them selves and I don't know who else that I'm abusing/addicted to my Xanax. I have a prescription for my Xanax, I can take 2 a day but never do and days I don't take any. This has come between me and my girls. It is hurting me causing me to be more depressed and upset. I take Xanax for enxiety.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Do you have any evidence that they are relaying this information to 3rd parties?

.

Or are they just talking amongst themselves?

.

How old are your girls?

.

Have you discussed the situation with them and let them know that you are taking your medication as prescribed or even less?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Don't have evidence they are telling others. My daughters significant other is also accusing me. My youngest daughter would not have known if my oldest daughter hadn't told her. Don't know who they have spoken to possibly with my grandson, was said in front of grandson and his partner. 40 & 38. Yes I've spoken to them several times.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I sent the answers to the questions you ask me!!!

Ok, at this point, you can't prevent them from talking about the situation between themselves as people have a right under the freedom of speech laws to talk about whatever they want.

.

However, if they are gossiping to 3rd parties about this, you can have a local attorney send them a "cease and desist" letter threatening to sue them if they continue to bring up your personal private matters to the general public.

.

The threat of suing someone from an attorney will tend to make them decide it isn't worth continuing on with their actions..

.

thanks

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
With all the harm they are causing me and the pain and loss relationship of my daughters???
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Here's another question, I'm paying for four cell phones for my grandsons , daughter and significant other. The phones are in my name they refuse to pay for their lines am I responsible for paying for these. I'm paying three installment payments that the only way to turn off phones and not be billed is to come up with $2000 which I don't have. Is there anything I can do about this???
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Are their any ways I can make them to return my phones???

I am not really sure what to tell you... if you think that they are doing this intentionally to cause you emotional distress, you could file suit against them for intentional infliction of emotional distress, which is a "tort" like personal injury. But suing your daughters is unlikely to rebuild the relationship...

.

It might be time to have a family meeting so you can all sit down and talk about their concerns and reassure them that you are doing as the doctor has instructed you, not anything else..

.

The phones are in my name they refuse to pay for their lines am I responsible for paying for these. I'm paying three installment payments that the only way to turn off phones and not be billed is to come up with $2000 which I don't have. Is there anything I can do about this???

.

That is a little off topic....but if they agreed to pay their own lines and won't now, then your recourse is to sue them in small claims court under a breach of contract claim for all the money you have paid on their behalf. And you are under no legal obligation to provide them with phones and if they are under your name, you can contact the service provider and drop them down to the lowest possible plan until you get to a point where you can turn them off..

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
None of your answers have helped just like other lawyers.

Ok, I will opt out and open the question up to other experts.

.

Best of luck to you.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR, as your previous contributor has left. I have reviewed the exchange above, but I am sorry to say that your previous contributor was correct. When customers come to this site and say the information was not helpful just like other lawyers, it is not because we do not want to help, but our answers are constrained by what the laws actually say and allow you to do. So we cannot make up a resolution for you that is not provided for in the laws and as such when so many people are providing you "unhelpful information" it is because of the laws not being helpful to your circumstances and while we understand your frustration, it is really not something we can change as we do not write those laws, we simply have the unfortunate duty in some cases to have to give the bad news to people (although some people blame us for it).
If you have additional questions, I am pleased to work with you, but you need to understand and accept that our information is based on the laws and your facts provided and it is not that we do not want to help, it is that we are constrained by those laws.