Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

My 19 year old daughter died of cancer in November 2010. She

Customer Question

my 19 year old daughter died of cancer in November 2010. She left us a beautiful little girl;however the biological father and his wife refuses to let me see talk or visit my grandchild. I live in Connecticut. We took this to Court and the judge denied visitation, citing that it is the parent prerogative to decide what adults are part of a child's life. Please help.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Unfortunately, the US Supreme Court is your problem, because the judge in CT hands are tied by the US Supreme Court holding in Troxel v. Granville, 530 U.S. 57 (2000), which made the biological parent have the constitutional right to rear and decide for their children. So, I know you have come here seeking help and asked "please help," but sadly legally there is no legal help available because the Supreme Court has spoken on the issue and your judge in CT court is stuck holding to the Supreme Court's ruling and even an appeal to the higher courts cannot help you I am sorry to say.