TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

There was consent to relocate in my parenting plan. Now my

Customer Question

There was consent to relocate in my parenting plan. Now my ex wants to stop me. He is claiming it is only because of a new boyfriend, though it is to escape the mental strain of his consistent history of rehabs due to alcohol abuse and bi-polar. I have never claimed the longtime friend of over 24 years to be my boyfriend. However, I have kissed him and my husband knows. I am afraid they will ask me intimate questions and focus everything around that and do not know how I should answer those questions. I have plenty of documentation showing the unstable nature of my ex's mental health.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help if I can. Do you have any specific questions? I just want to make sure that I understand what legal information you are seeking. Thank you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
If I am asked about any intimacy with the friend they are accusing me of relocating to be with do I have to answer that? I feel it will detract from my true reason as mentioned above. What can I say?
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 7 months ago.

Hi again.

Q: If I am asked about any intimacy with the friend they are accusing me of relocating to be with do I have to answer that? I feel it will detract from my true reason as mentioned above. What can I say?

A: You would only have to answer that if you were called as a witness and sworn in under penalty of perjury. That seems unlikely in a case of this nature. Even if you are asked the question, you can object to the question as being irrelevant.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 7 months ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue. If not, then please remember to provide a positive rating via the stars (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so I greatly appreciate it). Thank you!