RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .

I'm 7 months pregnant from my very wealthy boyfriend and we

Customer Question

I'm 7 months pregnant from my very wealthy boyfriend and we are splitting up, how do I prove how much he earns because he is the president of the business . As of right now I still have access to his house and he's out of town and I would like to get the papers
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, I'm not sure who to choose and I'm worried I'll get a bad one
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: He doesn't want custody
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you tonight.

If you can locate his prior tax returns this is the best source of his assets and income.If you have to your lawyer would file for child support and seek court orders for him to produce it.The business may have a separate return as well.The return would have W-2s if he is paid a salary and the income he received last year.This would be a great start here to see what his income and assets were for say 2015 return.It would be the basis to seek support for a fair amount.

Here in Florida a non-custodial parent has a net income of $2,500 a month and one child to support. Only the non-custodial parent's income is considered. The flat percentage of the non-custodial parent's income that must be dedicated to child support is 25% percent for one child.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Would it help if I supplied documention of all of his businesses and banks he uses in case he try's to hide some. I'm not sure what he makes a year but I do remember him complaining he had to pay 700,000 in taxes for 2015. That being said how much do you think he makes a year. I only make 21,600 a year

Here 25% for one child would be the norm, you might be looking at $250k a year in support if his taxes were this high, likely his income is more than 1 million dollars.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you !

You are so welcome.Here is a calculator if you want to play with the numbers here.

If you can 5 star rate it is much appreciated.