How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11592
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Attorney general froze my business account, texas, no it

Customer Question

attorney general froze my business account
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: texas
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no it happened i tried to go back to court to rehash the amount because i as paying 45 % of my income and law says 20% for 1 child i was be ignored the would not set a date or would transfer untill the just hung uo on me
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: texas
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: my daughter is 18 and does not live with her mother
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
While the law says 20% for one child, if you have arrears they can take up to 65% by law for the arrears payments. So what is your question for us about this issue?

Related Family Law Questions