Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

My son is in a situation right now, we live distance and he

Customer Question

My son is in a situation right now, we live long distance and he called me because he just caught his wife cheating and she is drunk and passed out. She is abusive to their two children and he wants to do the right thing for them. He needs to get the kids out of the immediate situation. He is in Texas, can he take his children and leave the state to bring them to us to watch?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 2 months ago.

Good morning. I am so sorry to hear about what he is dealing with. Do you know if he is going to separate from her and file for divorce, as a result of this? Do you know if he has a place to go in Texas? Also, does he intend to leave the child with you and then go back to Texas?

Please respond on this page because it is already open