AttyHeather, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience

In the state of Wisconsin, If CPS requires a random drug

Customer Question

In the state of Wisconsin, If CPS requires a random drug testing and the person has a job that is over the road that has him all over the country, can they still demand 2 hours to be tested or must they give a minimum amount of time based off of distance away.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Heather, an attorney with 15 years experience.

If you do not agree with what CPS is requiring, you can take it to the judge, explain the situation, and ask the judge to make a more reasonable drug testing requirement.

Hi, Let me know if this answered your question or if you have follow up questions, as they do not cost any more. If you have nothing further, please give me a positive rating. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm aware of that much. I did ask for a high detailed answer. This will be taken to the judge yes but I need some more detail than just something I was already aware of

Well, you would file a motion stating that you do not agree with CPS's requirements and telling the judge why you think they are inappropriate, and what you suggest would be more appropriate. You would need to be sure to address what concerns CPS has and how they would be alleviated through the method that you suggest. After the motion is fully briefed by both sides, the judge can either rule on the motion or hold a hearing. Let me know if that helps.