Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
18215332

My father died; My sister and I were a trustee of the estate

Customer Question

My father died; My sister and I were a trustee of the estate but my brother in law had me removed and he is now trustee and has power of attorney. He says there is no money left over. I assume there is a will in the trust. As a daughter do I have a right to see these documents.
My sister and brother in law live in Virginia. I live in California. My father died in Virginia.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 8 months ago.

These are questions that can be answered only by a Virginia attorney who is in a position locally To investigate the possibility that you may be named in either a will or a trust. if you are, you should have been notified of that regardless of whether there is any money available. Beyond that however, there's nothing that we can tell you from this distance.

Please be so kind as to promptly rate this answer favorably so that I may be compensated and the question may be closed in the system. There is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.