Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years of professional experience
16823287

I live in Connecticut I have an open DCF case 4 neglect and

Customer Question

I live in Connecticut I have an open DCF case 4 neglect and abuse of my 4 year old son. I have been living with a roommate who has three sons that are the same age. For 6 months we have lived together my new social worker had me sign a paper saying I would not be alone with the children as it could jeopardize my roommate why did the first social worker not have me sign this paper
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  Maverick replied 10 months ago.

Welcome! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

It is difficult to know why the first social worker may not have asked this of you without talking to him/her. It could be that he/she forgot or was showing you some leniency or felt that since your roommate's children are not your own, that your neglecting them is of no concern to DCF. If you open DCF case is based on abuse [as opposed to neglect] then the second social worker is probably just doing his/her job by asking you to sign this type of paper.

Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me. Thank you.