Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I live in Texas. I was married in California July 14th. I

Customer Question

I live in Texas. I was married in California July 14th. I believe I am a candidate for an annulment. Can I get a Texas annulment? Or for some reason must it go through California. My wife has not lived with me and remains in California.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to Justanswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Your question:

Can I get a Texas annulment?

Response 1: Yes, you can if you have been a resident for six months. Otherwise, you cannot.

Or for some reason must it go through California. My wife has not lived with me and remains in California.

Response 2: If you do not meet the residency requirement, you must file for annulment in California

If you do not have any follow-up question(s), kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.