Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I divorced a man, he kept the house but refuses to refinance

Customer Question

I divorced a man, he kept the house but refuses to refinance the home and remove my name from the loan even though it is court ordered. He has failed to repay me the money he owes me that was also court ordered. He has failed to fulfill any of the court ordered matters!
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Does your divorce decree specifically order him to REFINANCE into his name? If so, does it set a deadline for him to do so and state what would happen if it does not? OR, does it simply state that the house goes to him, but, it silent on everything else in regards ***** *****?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.