Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.

I'm living in a family owned home and for months I've been

Customer Question

I'm living in a family owned home and for months I've been one sickness after the other I think I've found the problem and several family members have possibly died from this but the soul honor of the home refuses to address the situation which is believed to be toxic mold what should I do
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the photos that were sent is where the kitchen sink has been leaking for years and the bathroom is the same.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 months ago.

This is Samuel. To be clear you have notified your Landlord of this problem?

You first need to notify the landlord. Send the pictures and a letter stating that this needs to be taken care of. You also have the right to sue the LL for and damages such as your medical costs if you have been ill from the mold. Texas does not have any laws that require landlords to disclose high concentrations of mold in rental properties to prospective tenants or buyers

So at this time, your option is to tell the LL you want it repaired and you can file a suit for your medical costs. Now, if you want to move, that is also good cause for you to break the lease and you can still sue for your medical costs.