Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I married and divorced my ex-husband twice...he recently

Customer Question

I married and divorced my ex-husband twice...he recently remarried. In Arkansas, will I have any rights to the home we lived in and that he and his new spouse now live? In Arkansas, divorces are "absolute"...I alone put the down payment on this home but failed to ask in either divorce for the amount in the divorce settlement.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Is the house titled in your name as well as his?

2. Was the house mentioned in the first or the second divorce---giving the home to either of you or to both of you?

Doug

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It has been so long ago I can't remember, and don't have access right now to my divorce papers.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 3 months ago.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a personal phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Doug

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No...thank you. Though...upon review of my divorce papers I'll contact this site to find out what, if any, rights I may have.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 3 months ago.

Alright.