Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I have been paying child support to my ex girlfriend for 7

Customer Question

I have been paying child support to my ex girlfriend for 7 years. Recently her boyfriend moved out leaving her with no money and an eviction notice. She told me that she had back rent and needed to pay the current rent. The next month it was her car and Dr. Bills.
My question is this. I have heard if you give more than standard child support can she go to court and demand that I continue to pay child support and also add the extra help I gave trying to help her. If that is true is there some kind of agreement I can get her to sign that would obviate that risk?
Thank you
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

i want to make sure I understand...there is a court order for a set amount...and recently you have given her a larger amount?